No Picture

Shkreli Going To Jail After Judge Revokes Bail

September 13, 2017 Tyler Durden 0

“The most hated man in America” is going to prison over a joke.

Late Wednesday, Brooklyn Judge Kiyo Matsumoto ordered that former Turing Pharmaceuticals CEO Martin Shkreli’s bail be revoked after prosecutors claimed that a Facebook post published by Shkreli on Sept. 4 was tantamount to an invitation to assault on Hillary Clinton during her upcoming book tour. In a letter demanding a bail hearing, the former hedge fund manager was described as a “threat to the community.”

Matsumoto, who presided over Shkreli’s trial which resulted in convictions on three out of eight counts of wire and securities fraud, said she would not be swayed by the defense’s argument that the post was a harmless joke and that Shkreli didn’t intend to harm anybody. Instead, the Judge revoked Shkreli’s $5 million bail and ordered him directly remanded to jail pending his sentencing, according to the Daily News. No date has been set for his sentencing.

Shkreli told the judge, prosecutors and secret service agents who asked to interview him about the post that it was intended as satire. In the original post, Shkreli offered $5,000 for a strand of Hillary Clinton’s hair, claiming that he would have a DNA analysis done to confirm “that the Clinton Foundation is willing to KILL to protect its secrets.”

See the post in question below:

 

 

Since being unceremoniously thrust into the public eye in late 2015 when he was labeled “the most hated man in the world” after his company, Turing Pharmaceuticals, hiked the price of Daraprim, a drug that treats toxoplasmosis, by 5,000%, Shkreli has made a habit of publicly antagonizing lawmakers, prosecutors and judges. True to form, Shkreli took to Facebook to blast prosecutors immediately after the hearing.

Notably, Shkreli is being thrown in jail one day before the close of Shkreli’s auction of the only copy of the Wu-Tang Clan “Once Upon A Time In Shaolin” which he purchased for $2 million in 2015. Bidding has topped out at $1 million in recent days.

In their initial request, prosecutors tried to paint Shkreli as a serial harasser of women, citing his ban from Twitter earlier this year, allegedly for harassing Lauren Duca, a freelance writer who had authored an opinion essay that criticized President-elect Trump. The day before his verdict, Shkreli wrote in a Facebook post: “trial’s over tomorrow, b****. Then if I’m acquitted, I get to f*** Lauren Duca.”

Shkreli edited the Facebook post after it was first reported in the media, clarifying that the post was meant as satire. Though he says he agrees with Democratic policies, Shkreli sided with President Donald Trump during the election after expressing a frustration with PC culture.

In his sentencing, Shkreli could face as much as 20 years in prison, and although a much shorter sentence – if any – had been expected, today’s latest snafu may have just cost Martin dearly.

The post Shkreli Going To Jail After Judge Revokes Bail appeared first on crude-oil.news.

The post Shkreli Going To Jail After Judge Revokes Bail appeared first on aroundworld24.com.

No Picture

The Most Bullish Oil Report This Year

September 13, 2017 Nick Cunningham 0

Despite the huge uncertainties related to the two massive hurricanes that hit the U.S., the global oil market looks tighter than it has in a long time, according to a new report from the International Energy Agency. Global oil supply fell in August for the first time in four months, the IEA said, a result of a dip in OPEC’s oil production, combined with refinery maintenance and sizable outages from Hurricane Harvey. World oil supply fell by 720,000 barrels per day (bpd) in August compared to July, a significant decline that will aid in the…

The post The Most Bullish Oil Report This Year appeared first on aroundworld24.com.

No Picture

DOVU Board Welcomes Two New Advisors to Blockchain-Powered Mobility Project

September 13, 2017 BitNewz.net 0

DOVU, the forward-thinking blockchain initiative that aims to create an open, transparent market for transport data, is announcing the arrival of two new advisors to their board. Rob Jones and Lars Klawitter bring exceptional experience of both the transport and cryptocurrency worlds. A digital economy for the mobility sector DOVU’s aim is to equip the … Continue reading DOVU Board Welcomes Two New Advisors to Blockchain-Powered Mobility Project

The post DOVU Board Welcomes Two New Advisors to Blockchain-Powered Mobility Project appeared first on NEWSBTC.

The post DOVU Board Welcomes Two New Advisors to Blockchain-Powered Mobility Project appeared first on bitcoinmining.shop.

No Picture

DOVU Board Welcomes Two New Advisors to Blockchain-Powered Mobility Project

September 13, 2017 News BTC 0

DOVU, the forward-thinking blockchain initiative that aims to create an open, transparent market for transport data, is announcing the arrival of two new advisors to their board. Rob Jones and Lars Klawitter bring exceptional experience of both the transport and cryptocurrency worlds. A digital economy for the mobility sector DOVU’s aim is to equip the … Continue reading DOVU Board Welcomes Two New Advisors to Blockchain-Powered Mobility Project

The post DOVU Board Welcomes Two New Advisors to Blockchain-Powered Mobility Project appeared first on NEWSBTC.

The post DOVU Board Welcomes Two New Advisors to Blockchain-Powered Mobility Project appeared first on bitcoinmining.shop.

No Picture

MingoCoin Announces Future Plans with Token Presale around the Corner

September 13, 2017 News BTC 0

The days of mobile carrier Short Messaging Service is numbered as people have increasingly adopted instant messaging applications like Telegram, WhatsApp, WeChat, and others. These services are cost effective, convenient and have loads of features. However, except for few test instances, none of them really allow people to securely and privately execute financial transactions. MINGO, … Continue reading MingoCoin Announces Future Plans with Token Presale around the Corner

The post MingoCoin Announces Future Plans with Token Presale around the Corner appeared first on NEWSBTC.

The post MingoCoin Announces Future Plans with Token Presale around the Corner appeared first on bitcoinmining.shop.

No Picture

MingoCoin Announces Future Plans with Token Presale around the Corner

September 13, 2017 BitNewz.net 0

The days of mobile carrier Short Messaging Service is numbered as people have increasingly adopted instant messaging applications like Telegram, WhatsApp, WeChat, and others. These services are cost effective, convenient and have loads of features. However, except for few test instances, none of them really allow people to securely and privately execute financial transactions. MINGO, … Continue reading MingoCoin Announces Future Plans with Token Presale around the Corner

The post MingoCoin Announces Future Plans with Token Presale around the Corner appeared first on NEWSBTC.

The post MingoCoin Announces Future Plans with Token Presale around the Corner appeared first on bitcoinmining.shop.

No Picture

Security Contractor Says He Was Silenced By Clinton State Department On Benghazi

September 13, 2017 Tyler Durden 0

In the days following the September 2012 terrorist attack on the Benghazi embassy in Libya, the Clinton State Department and Obama White House launched an all-out media propaganda blitz designed to convince Americans that the whole thing had been sparked by an ‘insensitive’ YouTube video that Muslims in Libya apparently found offensive. As you’ll undoubtedly recall, Susan Rice became the face of that propaganda blitz after appearing on every major TV network to blatantly lie to the American public.

 

As punishment for her lies, Rice was promptly promoted to National Security Advisor by the Obama administration.

Of course, for anyone capable of rational thought, the lies concocted by the State Department and White House were obvious attempts to coverup an inconvenient terrorist attack which occurred just weeks before the 2012 Presidential election as voters were considering whether the Obama administration had been too soft on terrorism.  Apparently it worked. 

That said, just in case you need more evidence that Hillary’s State Department lied about Benghazi from the start, Brad Owens and Jerry Torres, owners of the security contracting firm Torres Advanced Enterprise Solutions, told Fox News earlier that they were instructed by a State Department official to “stay silent and get on the same page” with regard to the security lapses that led to the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi.

But as the Obama administration and Clinton’s team struggled to answer questions about the attacks, Visintainer apparently took it one step further — summoning Jerry Torres from overseas to attend a meeting at her government office in Rosslyn, Va., in early 2013.

 

Torres took Fox News back to the Virginia office building where he recalled that day’s events.

 

“[Visintainer] said that I and people from Torres should not speak to the media, should not speak to any officials with respect to the Benghazi program,” he said.

 

Torres said he was afraid for his company – and hasn’t spoken publicly until now.

 

“We had about 8,000 employees at the time. You know, we just didn’t need that level of damage because these guys, their livelihood relies on the company,” he said. “I trust that our U.S. government is going to follow chain of command, follow procedures, follow protocols and do the right thing.”

 

Another part of that conversation stuck out to Torres. He said Visintainer told him “in her opinion, that guards should not be armed at U.S. embassies. She just made that blanket statement. … And she said that they weren’t required in Benghazi. So I was kind of confused about that. And she said that she would like my support in saying that if that came up. And I looked at her. I just didn’t respond.”

Meanwhile, and perhaps even more disturbing, Owens and Torres say they know for a fact the State Department knew the Benghazi attack wasn’t a spontaneous event because their firm was contacted on 8/31/12, 11 days before the attack, with regards to providing additional staffing in response to a “deteriorating” environment at the embassy.

Problems soon arose. One month before the attack — in August 2012, with The Blue Mountain Group still in charge of compound security — Ambassador Stevens and his team alerted the State Department via diplomatic cable that radical Islamic groups were everywhere and that the temporary mission compound could not withstand a “coordinated attack.” The classified cable was first reported by Fox News.

 

By Aug. 31, 2012, the situation had deteriorated to the point that Owens and Torres said the State Department asked them to intervene – as Owens put it, an “admission of the mistake of choosing the wrong company.”

 

“They came back to us and said, ‘Can you guys come in and take over security?’ Owens said. “So we were ready.”

 

But Torres emphasized that time was against them, saying it would have taken two-to-three weeks to get set up.

 

Twelve days later, the ambassador was killed. Torres learned of the attacks by watching television. He called the circumstances leading up to the tragedy “bad decision-making from top to bottom.”

 

“There was nothing we could’ve done about it. If we’d had one month warning … who knows what might’ve happened,” Owens said.

And, worst yet, Torres notes that all of the Obama lackeys responsible for the bad security decisions leading up to the Benghazi attack are still performing their duties under the Trump administration today.

Jerry Torres remains haunted by the fact that specific bureaucrats and policies remain in the State Department after the Benghazi attack despite the change in administrations. “A U.S. ambassador is dead and nobody is held accountable for it. And three guys … all died trying to defend him,” said Torres, the company’s CEO and a former Green Beret.

 

Asked if there was a specific effort by a senior State Department contracting officer to silence them, Torres said, “Absolutely, absolutely.”

 

Owens, a former Army intelligence officer, echoed his colleague, saying those “who made the poor choices that actually, I would say, were more responsible for the Benghazi attacks than anyone else, they’re still in the same positions, making security choices for our embassies overseas now.”

Here are Owens and Torres confirming that Obama led a “scandal-free” administration:

The post Security Contractor Says He Was Silenced By Clinton State Department On Benghazi appeared first on crude-oil.news.

The post Security Contractor Says He Was Silenced By Clinton State Department On Benghazi appeared first on aroundworld24.com.